Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Swiss Honor System

I thought I would take a second to fill everybody in on a few "honor system" instances that I have come across in my short time here. The first time I went to fill up the car with gas it took me awhile to figure out how it worked....Not because the pumps/technology were any different....it was just that you need to pump first, then pay. OHHHh...OK haven't seen that in awhile. The second intriguing moment happenend when I ordered some brewing supplies to make my next batch of beer from a company in Zurich. I placed the order and found out my U.S. debit card wouldn't work. After a few emails, the company decided to ship the items to me and told me that I should pay them once I get a Swiss account....hmmmm ok sounds good to me. All I keep thinking about are the guys in Dumb and Dumber talking about IOU's and saying "That one's for a Lamborghini, might want to hang on to that one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment